Entrepreneurship organization Startup Canada announced that it has opened nominations for its 2015 Startup Canada Awards today. Presented in partnership with Intuit Canada and TruShield Insurance, the second annual awards event is designed to recognize those helping to drive forward entrepreneurship in Canada.
Individuals, businesses, and organizations can submit nominations for awards in the following categories until August 15, 2015:
Entrepreneur-Led Businesses Demonstrating Excellence
– Startup Canada Award for Innovation
– Startup Canada Award for International Trade
– Startup Canada Award for Sustainable Development
Entrepreneurs Who Embody the Spirit of Entrepreneurship
– Startup Canada Entrepreneur of the Year Award
– Startup Canada Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
– Startup Canada Senior Entrepreneur of the Year Award
– Adam Chowaniec Lifetime Achievement Award
Outstanding Achievement in Advancing the Environment and Culture for Entrepreneurship in Canada
– Startup Canada Award for Entrepreneur Promotion
– Startup Canada Award for Entrepreneurship Support
Startup Canada will announce regional award winners at red carpet events across Canada this fall, with a final gala to be held in December at the CN Tower in Toronto. Notable adjudicators include Marissa McTasney, CEO of Moxie Trades, Frank O’Dea, co-founder of Second Cup, Angela Tran Kingyens, investor at Version One Ventures, Sarah Prevette, founder and CEO of Future Design School, and Andy Nulman, President of Just for Laughs.
“A culture in Canada that celebrates entrepreneurship, innovation, and offers end-to-end support for entrepreneurs will position Canada as a beacon of entrepreneurship globally,” said Victoria Lennox, CEO of Startup Canada. “The Awards give national recognition to those working to make Canada one of the best countries in the world to pursue and invest in world-leading enterprises.”