With a fresh $8 million under its belt to develop the next group of startups, Kitchener-Waterloo based Accelerator Centre has announced ts first AC JumpStart cohort. Thirteen companies will be taking part in the program and each will receive $30,000 in seed capital, mentorship from experts in various sectors that include finance, sales, marketing, human resources, technology and product development, and – most importantly – connections to the investor community.
Here’s the complete list of the thirteen early stage companies:
- Healthcare technology provider, Alaunus
- Transportation analytics provider, Brisk Synergies
- Healthcare technology provider, Bykart Software
- Mobile shopping deals provider, Consumer Kinetics
- Wealth creation solution provider, Emerging Star Investment Group
- Medical diagnostic tool developer, ExVivo Labs
- Pet wearable creator, Konectera
- Mobile device education solution provider, KTS Global
- Programmable surface creators, Maieutic Enterprises Incorporated
- Fresh meals on the go provider, Meal in a Jar
- Advanced nano-composite manufacturer, NanoQuan Inc.
- Learning platform provider, NeuRecall Inc.
- Smart footware provider, NGTronix Industries Corporation
- Web-based dental practice management provider, Premier Software Solutions
- Social media curation company, Trending.Info
- Internet advertising solution provider, SmartAd
- Circuit board prototype innovators, Voltera Inc.
This is the first of three cohorts of 2015 and the Accelerator Centre is expecting to see 180 companies participate in the AC JumpStart program over the next four years.