The Canadian Innovation Exchange (CIX) has announced the first wave of speakers for its upcoming startup investment conference, CIX 2018.
Taking place at the Hilton in Toronto on October 22 and October 23, the CIX conference invites founders from Canada’s early and growth-stage tech companies to connect with global investors, corporate leaders, advisors, and the media.
This year’s speakers include:
- Nan Zhou, director at Baidu Capital
- Tim Draper, founder of Draper Associates
- Deborah Conway, business development specialist at Samsung NEXT
- Glenn Gore, head of solution architect, APAC at Amazon Web Services
- Elana Lian, Investment Director at Intel Capital
- Samir Kumar, managing director at M12
- Eva Lau, managing partner and co-founder of Two Small Fish Ventures
- Fanglu Wang, senior managing director of CITIC Capital Partners
CIX 2018 will feature an opening keynote from Stuart Lombard, founder and CEO of ecobee, which was named the CIX 2018 Innovator of the Year last month. The conference will also include one-on-one meetings with founders and North American investors, conversations with Intel Capital, OMERS Ventures, M12, Samsung NEXT, and Telus Ventures, as well as the opportunity to meet startups in the CIX Top 20 Demo Lounge.
CIX 2018 is also asking tech companies to apply to the CIX Top 20 program, which showcases emerging tech companies to potential partners and investors.
“To accept the CIX Innovator of the Year award in 2016 and the CIX Top 20 recognition in 2011 were truly humbling experiences,” said Allen Lau, co-founder and CEO at Wattpad. “The awards help validate our work and inspire the team transforming how people around the world create, experience, and share stories.”
Photo via Canadian Innovation Exchange.