After the Ontario Securities Commission announced the creation of LaunchPad, a team that will be dedicated to helping FinTech companies navigate securities law requirements, the OSC is now looking for a FinTech Advisory Committee to advise LaunchPad staff.
The committee, which will include 10 members, will advise LaunchPad on developments in the FinTech space and the unique challenges faced by startups in the securities industry.
“OSC LaunchPad strives to keep regulation in step with digital innovation,” OSC said in a statement to CoinDesk. “The [FinTech Advisory Committee] will meet quarterly, with additional ad hoc meetings as required. The FAC will be chaired by Pat Chaukos, chief of OSC LaunchPad, and will consist of up to 10 members.”
The FAC will meet quarterly with additional ad hoc meetings as required, and will be chaired by Pat Chaukos, chief of OSC LaunchPad.
Members will be selected based on whether they have expertise in the following areas:
- Digital platforms (e.g. crowdfunding portals, online advisers)
- Cryptocurrency or distributed ledger technology (e.g. blockchain)
- Venture capital, financial services and/or securities, with a focus on the FinTech or technology sector
- Data science and/or AI (artificial intelligence)
- FinTech or technology entrepreneurship
Applications to join the committee should be submitted by November 30.