HyperGrowth: Life, a life sciences program that supports startups struggling with commercialization, has announced the five companies graduating from its second cohort.
Launched in 2016 by the BC Tech Association and Genome BC, HyperGrowth: Life aims to address the gap between research and commercialization in the life sciences field. The program, which is specifically designed for healthtech, cleantech, life sciences, and agritech entrepreneurs, is an offshoot of BC Tech’s flagship accelerator program, HyperGrowth.
“HyperGrowth is the most impactful growth accelerator for BC-based tech companies that are looking to grow to $5 million to $10 million annual recurring revenue and beyond and the spirit of collaboration between the tech and life science sectors sets the HyperGrowth Life program apart,” said Jill Tipping, president and CEO of the BC Tech Association. “On behalf of this cohort, we want to extend a big thanks to the team at Genome BC for ensuring collaborative programming like this exists and for continuing to provide unique opportunities for tech companies in BC.”
The program’s second cohort includes:
- Careteam: helps patients, families, and healthcare providers collaborate on healthcare as a team.
- Creatus Biosciences: uses a bio-based platform to eliminate traditional, chemical approaches for the production of high-value specialty chemicals.
- dnaPower: provides personalized testing and support using sequencing technology to allow people to learn about their unique genetic makeup.
- LifeBooster: uses wearable technologies to help companies prevent musculoskeletal disorders.
- Tickit Health: optimizes communication between people and their healthcare providers.
Genome BC said entrepreneurs participating in the second cohort of HyperGrowth: Life went through a six-month acceleration period, and received mentorship and fundraising assistance to help scale their growth.
LifeBooster secured two Fortune 100 clients, while Careteam secured $480,000 in funding to implement its software into dementia care and senior wellness programs.
Applications for HyperGrowth: Life’s next cohort will open in summer 2018. Interested applicants can sign up to receive more information here.