GROW Conference, the American-made startup conference typically held in Vancouver, is changing its venue location this year. This summer from August 20-22 the fifth annual event will be held in Whistler, BC.
GROW calls itself “a curated environment that brings together technology pioneers, founders, executives, influencers and investors who are passionate about identifying problems worth solving,” and an “experiential playground where the future of innovation, growth and entrepreneurship collide.”
It’s created and administered by San Francisco-based Dealmaker Media. Tickets will cost $395, going on sale April 7.
Appropriately so, the theme of this year’s conference is “The Future of Connected Devices”, and will involve talks and workshops on 3D printing, smart devices, wearables and robotics. The conference will also feature new activities, like Mountaintop Trail Talks, early morning fitness challenges and even “gondola talks”, where participants get to ride up 25 minutes for a mountaintop BBQ.
Participants can expect all of these things:
- Experience how the Internet of Things is going to shape the future of business
- Debate with your peers at Mountaintop Trail Talks
- Stroll through our IoT Concept Store and experience the latest smart devices
- Join early morning Fitness Challenges and try out the latest activity trackers
- Join Gondola Talks, a 25 min ride up for a mountaintop BBQ
- Pitch your product at our Startup/Smackdown
- Help Whistler Village become the most connected resort in the world
On choosing Whistler, the organizers wrote that “Whistler is uniquely positioned to become the most “connected” resort in the world. 75 miles from Vancouver and nestled within the Coast mountains, Whistler Village’s size and location make it the perfect backdrop to experience the latest connected devices.”