Atlantic Canada accelerator Propel has announced the 30 companies accepted to participate in its spring cohort of Phase 1 for Incite. The companies are all from Atlantic Canada, and span a variety of industries including education, healthcare, energy, shipping, dairy, real estate, ecommerce, and law.
Incite is a 12-month program designed to accelerate early-stage tech companies.
Incite is Propel’s 12-month virtual accelerator for early stage startups in the tech sector. The program includes opportunities for participants to connect in person with other founders, mentors, investors and potential clients.
“Phase 1 of Incite forces the founders to be customer focused,” said Barry Bisson, CEO of Propel. “At the end of the three months, their offering will be fine-tuned to best address the needs of their customers so they can move on to building a sustainable sales pipeline.”
One of the selected companies is Maple Smart Control, a Fredericton-based company that aims to offer a scalable, next-generation IoT platform that reduces time-to-market and enables companies to roll out feature-rich applications globally. The company plans to work closely with vertical integrators and device and chip-manufacturers to offer its platform in an open ecosystem of solutions that are network provider-independent, globally available, and highly secure.
Oneposte is a social network that allows users to post photos, videos, and music while getting paid for each view. Oneposte displays advertisements on the side of users’ posts, and users can receive revenue from them. Once users earn $5, they can withdraw their earnings, which will be sent via email using a secure third-party online payment system. The service is expected to launch this summer.
Propel’s program is divided into two phases. Phase 1 of Incite focuses on validating the problem/solution fit and runs until the end of June 2019. Phase 2, which focuses on building a sales engine, will begin in September with another entry of companies.
The selected companies for Incite Phase 1 are:
- Agile Design + Fabrication (Moncton, NB)
- Bitzon (Dieppe, NB)
- Bursity.ca (Halifax, NS)
- Cohability (Halifax, NS)
- Deprolabs (Halifax, NS)
- DIOSA designs Inc. (St. John’s, NL)
- E/venTx (Halifax, NS)
- FiCS Script (Halifax, NS)
- Flip the Page Education Services (Fredericton, NB)
- Integratr (Fredericton, NB)
- Maple Smart Control (Fredericton, NB)
- Mustr Technologies/ MeetMe (Bathurst, NB)
- Milk Moovement (St. John’s, NL)
- Neothermal Energy Storage Inc. (Bridgewater, NS)
- Oneposte (Halifax, NS)
- Payperplane Aviation Ltd. (St. John’s, NL)
- MapMyRole Inc. (Fredericton, NB)
- Planète Filière (Saulnierville, NS)
- QPROS Enterprise Solutions (Quispamsis, NB)
- QueueU (St. John’s, NL)
- Realtr360° (Fredericton, NB)
- Rescue Coffee (Moncton, NB)
- Atlantic Blockchain Company (Halifax, NS)
- KargoROO Inc. (Moncton, NB)
- SavourySky (Moncton, NB)
- Scantranx Technologies (Fredericton, NB)
- Shoplaw (Charlottetown, PE)
- SpreeSpot (Moncton, NB)
- SubIdea (Halifax, NS)
- WhatsUp NB (Bathurst, NB)
Image courtesy Propel ICT.