The Ontario Securities Commission has opened applications for its FinTech Advisory Committee.
The FinTech Advisory Committee advises OSC LaunchPad — which helps FinTechs navigate regulations — on developments in the FinTech space and challenges faced by startups in the securities industry. Membership on the FinTech advisory committee lasts for one year.
Earlier this year, the OSC announced members like Portag3’s Adam Felesky and Fin+Tech Growth Syndicate’s Sue Britton as members.
The OSC is looking for people with expertise in these areas:
- Digital platforms (crowdfunding portals, online advisers)
- Cryptocurrencies or distributed ledger technologies (blockchain)
- Venture capital, financial services, securities, legal, or accounting, with a focus on the FinTech or technology sector
- Data science or AI (artificial intelligence)
- FinTech or technology entrepreneurship
- Compliance or RegTech solutions
- Cryptography or cybersecurity
Interested parties should submit their resume by December 22, 2017.