Former CEO of OMERS Ventures John Ruffolo has joined the advisory board of Toronto-based medical cannabis tech company CBx Data Labs.
Ruffolo recently departed from OMERS Ventures, abruptly stepping down as CEO in September of last year. A high-profile member of Canada’s tech community, Ruffolo also is the co-founder and vice-chair of the Council of Canadian Innovators, in addition to serving on several other boards including Hootsuite.
The Toronto-born company develops software tools to collect patient data for the medical cannabis market.
The Toronto-born company develops software tools to collect patient data for the medical cannabis market. CBx Data Labs offers what it calls a “cloud-based HIPAA compliant platform that collects condition and symptom-specific patient feedback and makes the data available to practitioners and medication formulators.”
“We are incredibly excited to have John join our advisory board,” Chad Walsh, recently named CEO of CBx Data Labs, said in a statement.
Walsh also noted that CBx Data Labs is looking to grow the company’s expertise and presence in the Canadian cannabis market. To that end, the company announced its full advisory board, with members in a variety of industries including cannabis, government, health, law, and business.
CBx Data Labs’ new board includes:
- Don Husereau, professor of medicine at the University of Ottawa and senior economic advisor to the Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Deb Stark, former deputy minister of agriculture and chief veterinarian for Ontario
- Jim Hinton – intellectual property (IP) lawyer at Own Innovation and IP advisor to the Council of Canadian Innovators
- Alexis Levine, partner at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP and co-lead with Blakes Cannabis Group and;
- Reva Seth, founder, author and strategic advisor
CBx Data Labs also recently announced partnerships with smart inhaler maker Optimist Inhaler LLC and Toronto-based clinical tool provider Think Research.