The Canadian organization dedicated to inspiring a new generation of female angel investors is hosting a breakfast series across eight cities across North America from January 19 to February 4.
Female Funders was created by ShopLocket founder Katherine Hague, and started as a passion project to empower more female angel investors. In an interview with BetaKit in August of last year, Hague said that ShopLocket would not have been possible without the support of Ladies Learning Code and HackerYou founder Heather Payne, who was ShopLocket’s first angel investor. Hague has now left PCH International, which acquired ShopLocket in 2014, to work on Female Funders full time.
Female Funders is presenting the tour in partnership with Shopify, and is open to both accredited and non-accredited investors. The series will include networking opportunities and fireside chats with angel investors. In Canada, Female Funders will stop in Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver, before finishing the North American tour in Seattle.
The events will be hosted by Hague and include these panelists:
- Nicole Verkindt, Entrepreneur and Dragon on CBC’s Next Gen Den [Toronto, Jan 19th]
- Edel Ebbs, Member of Maple Leaf Angels, President & CEO at Electra Enterprises [Toronto, Jan 19th]
- Coralie Lalonde, CEO, Katsura Investments, Chair of the Board, Rent Frock Repeat [Ottawa, Jan 20th]
- Caroline Somers, Angel Investor & Board Director, Ontario Centres of Excellence [Ottawa Jan 20th]
- Brenda Irwin, Managing Partner & CoFounder of Relentless Pursuit Partners Inc [Vancouver, Jan 22nd]
For more info on the events and getting tickets, check it out here.