A first-of-its-kind event, WEST explores how wearable tech is changing the game of sports and how we make and experience entertainment. Now in its second year, WEST: Wearable Entertainment & Sports Toronto is back on November 3 at the MaRS Discovery District.
This one-day event features presentations, panel discussions, fireside chats and a large expo bringing together companies from all over the globe to look at how this emerging tech is disrupting the sports and entertainment space.
WEST 2015 highlights:
- THE VOID founders Curtis Hickman and James Jensen join our lineup with Curtis giving a keynote on the True Promise of VR providing a behind the scenes look at their VR theme park in Salt Lake City
- Acclaimed wearable tech fashion designer, Billie Whitehouse of Wearable Experiments will be on stage talking about her experience in designing wearables such as the Alert Shirt which allows fans to feel the action
- 2016 US Presidential Candidate for the Transhumanist Party, Zoltan Istvan, closes our event with a futurist keynote on “The Coming Transhumanist Olympics”
- Fireside chats with X2 Biosystems on Wearables & Sports Brain Injury, Brainsights on Neuromarketing and Biglook360 on live streaming in VR
- Panel discussions looking at wearables and the connected stadium experience, wearable toys, VR as a new medium, sports analytics and athlete performance
- Over 30 tech companies in the expo including Samsung, OccupiedVR, Connected Boxing startup Hykso, AR/VR startup Sulon Technologies, wearable sound system Subpac, Moff the smart wearable toy and more!
Participating companies include:
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), Zebra Technologies, CFL, PGA, X2 Biosystems, Hexoskin, Biglook360, CFL, Gizworld, Secret Location, Lyteshot, Cinehackers, PixMob, Stadium Digital, Moff, Intellitix, Cinehackers, Mighty Cast, Linkitz, Subpac, Kiwi Wearables, OccupiedVR, Canadian Film Centre (CFC), STATS LLC, Hykso, BetaKit, MobileSyrup, THE VOID, PUSH, theScore, BreqLab, Samsung, Wearable Experiments and more
Learn more at www.westconf.com