Software Engineer | Full-Stack
Feo is looking for full-stack engineers to join our formative team to help guide our rapidly growing platform to scale.
Feo is a job marketplace and real-time logistics platform for contractors to hire heavy equipment-operating subcontractors in the construction industry.
Feo easily manages the entirety of the relationship between the parties throughout a transaction, from initial connection, identity verification and contract formation, to performance and live vehicle tracking during a job, as well as payment processing and ratings upon completion.
We are currently a participating venture at the University of Toronto's Creative Destruction Lab.
You will have the opportunity to refine and grow the software, providing a level of certainty and precision to a multi-billion dollar industry that is still currently operating under the radar of the tech industry. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory and eager to build systems that can support entire cities across North America and the hundreds of thousands of contractors and subcontractors that work within them.
As an early employee, your role will help define the future of the company, our culture, the software we build, and the impact we have on the construction industry.
- Working directly with the CTO of the company, you will assist in evaluating and refining the application infrastructure. This will propel Feo's data-driven, real-time marketplace and directly impact the job experience of both contractors and subcontractors in this industry.Your ability to work closely with both front and back end engineers to build products and services that bring best experiences, will be put to the test as Feo expands into new cities and markets across North America. You will go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad.Building out new features and refactoring core code to increase performance and testability will all be part of your day-to-day. Feo's stack is comprised of backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, and infrastructure and your work will likely touch all parts of these systems and services.
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Advanced knowledge of some and a willingness to learn the rest: ES6, Node.js, React, Redux and GraphQL.
- Intelligent. Highly adaptable. Rapid learner.
2 - 11 year(s) (Required)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
Benefits & Perks:
Ownership. Full stock option plans for all team members.
Full medical/dental/vision package.
Great vacation policy -- work hard and take time when you need it.
Downtown Toronto office located near King and Spadina.
We're bringing Feo to major cities across the US and Canada. We need brains and passion to make it happen.
Learn more about Feo