Hardware Design Engineer
Kepler is changing the face of satellite communications. With millions in venture funding, and a number of early customers we're well on our way towards building a world class service. Kepler is currently doubling in size!
We invest heavily in making sure we have the best communications technology and people in the world. So we're on the hunt for talented hardware design engineers that can help us continue our growth.
At Kepler, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a small dedicated team of engineers building the Kepler spacecraft. You will design different subsystem PCBs from schematics to layout with a focus on implementing Software Defined Radios (SDR)s. Day to day you will interface with RF, antenna, FPGA, and DSP engineers on your team to identify timing paths and layout constraints. A solid understanding of the entire communications chain from coding to decoding and everything in between will make a candidate stand out. Here is a little more detail on the things we expect you to do:
I. Design, build, and test the SDR required for Kepler’s 2017 mission
- Based on current system requirements iterate on the space segment SDR design until performance requirements are met
- Produce and test a new SDR iteration every two months that exceeds the prior iteration’s performance
- Complete environmental testing of the SDR design and ensure performance is met in the relevant environment by Q2 2017
II. Support design and build of our user terminal
- For background the user terminal is the device that end customers will use to connect to the Kepler network
- By the end of first quarter of employment develop all your work packages as they relate to the user terminal design
- Execute the work packages and maintain a 90% accurate schedule
Learn more about Kepler Communications