Front End Engineer
HiMama is an innovative and fast-growing company that is passionate about early childhood education. Ideal candidates will enjoy connecting with people and will have a tendency to excel in whatever they do. They will also be keen to take on a challenge and be looking to take their career to the next level. Finally, they will be looking to make an impact on the world beyond dollars and cents–working with a social enterprise you will personally have the opportunity to improve outcomes for tens of thousands of children in Canada, the U.S. and abroad.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop high performance front-end interfaces for web-based applications
- Own and manage hybrid app development and deployment
- Independent research & selection of best tools / methods of implementation
- Quality assurance & testing of own work
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Agile, competent programmer and problem solver
- Knowledgeable about newest trends and best practices / plugins
- Ambition to work hard in order to make an impact
- Evidence of independence and self-starter attitude
- Propensity to always want to learn and improve
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited University
Required Technical Skills
- Strong command of HTML5/CSS3/SASS
- 2+ years hybrid app development experience
- Ruby on Rails experience a plus
- Flexible work hours in pet friendly environment
- Catered lunch and learns for personal and professional development
- Ongoing team success celebrations and social activities, including beer and wine Fridays
- Supportive team atmosphere with strong team culture
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
HiMama (www.himama.com) is a Toronto-based startup and social enterprise that helps working parents connect with their children through technology. We enable child care programs to communicate with parents through messaging, photos, videos and reports, allowing parents to stay connected with their children no matter where they are.
Over 50 million moments have been recorded and shared through HiMama, with moments being shared in over 30 countries and at the rate of once every second. But we’re just getting started. Our team is passionate about what we’re doing and our goal is to connect parents and child care programs everywhere.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Learn more about HiMama