Google and Waterloo’s Communitech have a deep relationship and sincerely want startups to thrive. Back in December both organizations opened up applications for a four-month residency at the Google Innovation Space within Communitech. The dollar value alone is a solid kind gesture, but added to grand prize was thousands of dollars worth of Google Cloud Platform credits and free API quota to Google products for 12 months.
Today, Communitech and Google strengthened that agreement, announcing the lucky five companies that will be taking up valuable real estate and building their business from the ground up: RMF Industries, iNot for profit, Juma Management, Blank and Eventswoop.
- RMF Industries: “We are building an immersive first person web documentary as a Google Chrome experiment…Our core business is making a 3D previsualization tool for film makers.”
- iNot for profit: “We create donation mobile apps to help non-profits, charities and NGOs connect, fundraise and engage in today’s online world.”
- Juma Management: “Our app StyleID is a style identifier that cross references items you see on TV and tells where you can purchase it.”
- Blank “I’ve been working full-time on an experimental Chrome + Cloud application since January of 2013.”
- Eventswoop: “We are an early stage mobile focused events company that is currently bootstrapped…Our goal for 2014 is to automate and streamline the event app creation process for event organizers.”