The Startup Communities Summit is a first-of-its-kind gathering focused on the entrepreneurs, policymakers, financiers, and mentors who create and sustain startup communities across Canada.
From technology and medicine to farming and transportation, from Halifax and Vancouver to Waterloo and Quebec City, these hubs of business innovation have similarities we can build on and difference we can learn from. The Startup Communities Summit is where we’ll do that.
Further details will be released mid July.
Topics will include:
– Edmonton Startup Ecosystem Tour
– Startup Communities 101 – Four Pillars
– Case Studies from across Canada
– Attracting Investment – Startup Hubs and the Investment Chain
– Data for Smarter Hubs – Measuring Community Success
– When a City is a Startup – Municipal Leadership & Planning
– Startup Kitchens – Co-working, Accelerators and Incubators
– Hub Sessions – Silos are out / Ecosystems are In
– Never stop being a Startup
– Rebooting Government
– Corporations as Channels for Funding
– Case Studies – Fertile Ground for Startups
– Disruptive Technologies
– Keynotes & Cocktails